Friday 2 September 2011

Activity Analysis Blog - Cleaning!!

For semester two of Participation in Occupation 2 we have been asked to choose a task that is familiar to us and blog about it each week, looking at breaking down the processes we go through with the task so we can be more informed around occupations and become occupational therapists :)

I have chosen to blog about cleaning. Initially when I think about cleaning I think "jeez that seems boring!" but then when I actually get started I get motivated to not only clean one thing but maybe clean my whole room or more so I want to explore why cleaning is so motivating when you get started and include a few handy tips I've picked up or some websites just for interests sake. 
Occupations are made up of a combination of different activities, for example homemaking includes cooking, cleaning, laundry, home maintenance, shopping and childcare. Each of these activities includes a number of tasks (Turner et al, 1999).

Firstly I just want to talk a wee bit about cleaning: I am truly a clean freak! I enjoy it so much and I hate when anything gets dirty. Most of it is common sense stuff - I prefer to walk around in bare feet in the house so having a clean carpet feels nicer. When I cook I want the whole bench space clean so I can plan everything out easier. Cleaning makes me feel happy, organised, fresh, clean, relieved and excited - who would have thought? As stated by Turner and others above, homemaking includes cleaning so is it part of my motherly instinct to being interested in this area of homemaking, readying myself for the future? I hope to answer these questions during this blog.

Here below is the first link that is connected to cleaning, each week I will endeavour to find a site more interesting, bringing more information :)

http://www.howtocleananything.com/

There are a couple of considerations to think about while completing this blog, like the sorts of products I will need to cleaning for two hours per week and whether this is going to annoy my flatmates!! Although I doubt it!


Turner, A., Foster, M., & Johnson, S. E. (1999). Occupational therapy and physical dysfunction: principles, skills and practice. Philadelphia: Elsevier Ltd.


No comments:

Post a Comment